Click to see more highlights from this tour
Ruta 40 South America Expedition
A mega riding adventure riding the length of Argentina’s legendary Ruta 40
- Riding your own motorcycle. The preparations even bring great enjoyment. The familiarity of riding your own bike adds to the pleasure and there is value that exceeds renting.
- La Mano de Desierto. You have dreamed of being photographed in the shadow of this iconic image of a towering hand rising out of the remote Atacama Desert…we’ll make it happen!
- San Pedro de Atacama. Crossing from Chile into Argentina to stage for the ride down Ruta 40, we’ll experience an arid beauty that is reminiscent of the most scenic you will find in Utah, Arizona and the deserts of WadiRum of Jordan.
- The Reserve of Los Flamencos. If lucky we’ll witness the incredible fauna of this 300 square mile reserve of lagoons and salt flats inhabited by colorful flamencos and other wildlife.
- The Ruta 40. It stretches for more than 3,100 miles from the top of Argentina all the way to the southern tip of the continent on the shores of the Straits of Magellan. It follows the ancient Inca Trail and passages of the native Tehuelche people. To keep it interesting, we’re going to occasionally get off “la Cuarenta” to catch some remarkable riding along the way.
- The Patagonia. It is as barren and remote as any place on the planet, windswept and sparsely populated by the most hardy of inhabitants, you will marvel at the isolation and the sheer beauty.
- The Andes. Ruta 40 runs parallel with the Andes Mountains its entire length. You are never far from stunning views of this compelling region that often hosts the well known Dakar off road race.
- The wine region of Mendoza. Vineyards abound in the foothills of the Andes, manicured landscapes producing some of the finest wines on the planet.
- Torres del Paine. This remote southern Patagonia mountain range offers breathtaking panoramas of three towering snow capped and glacier sliced peaks in a National Park. It begs to be explored on foot, horseback, via canoe and of course, motorcycle.
- The Estancias. A tradition that one must experience. We’ll stay on actual working ranches, home to the gaucho. No doubt the ritual of “asado” grilled meats will be part of the dinner plans.
- The Perito Moreno Glacier. Nothing can compare to this 20 mile long, nearly 100 square mile mass of ice, one of few in the world that continues to grow. The power and energy of exploding ice crashing into the lake is something you will long remember.
- The cuisine. Carnivores will be delighted. Here, beef is king. Vegans and vegetarians of course will be easily accommodated, but the “bife” of an asado may tempt you!
- Tierra del Fuego. Land of Fire. This is the end of the earth, Ushuaia being the most southern populated place on the planet. Here our journey ends with a return to Punta Arenas, Chile to put the motorcycles in container for return shipment to the USA.
- The service. We do it best. We’ve been doing it longer than anyone. You will find our staff team to be more than just great leaders. They are fun, responsible and there to make sure you have the best possible experience. That is our commitment.
Day 1: Fly in Santiago, CH
Day 2: Antofagasta, CH
Day 3: Antofagasta, CH
Day 4: San Pedro de Atacama, CH
Day 5: San Pedro de Atacama, CH
Day 6: La Quiaca, ARG
Day 7: Susques, ARG
Day 8: Cachi, ARG
Day 9: Belén, ARG
Day 10: Villa Unión, ARG
Day 11: San Juan, ARG
Day 12: Mendoza, ARG
Day 13: Mendoza, ARG
Day 14: Malargüe, ARG
Day 15: Chos Malal, ARG
Day 16: Villa Pehuenia, ARG
Day 17: Bariloche, ARG
Day 18: Esquel, ARG
Day 19: Rio Mayo, ARG
Day 20: Estancia Angostura, ARG
Day 21: El Calafate, ARG
Day 22: El Calafate, ARG
Day 23: Rio Turbio,ARG
Day 24: Puerto Natales, CH
Day 25: Rio Gallegos,ARG
Day 26: Cerro Sombrero,ARG
Day 27: Ushuaia, ARG,
Day 28: Ushuaia, ARG
Day 29: Timaukel, ARG
Day 30: Caleta Josephina
Day 31: Punta Arenas, CH
Day 32: Punta Arenas,CH
Day 33: FLY OUT
33 nights / 32 days
Feb 01 – March 04, 2022 (SOLD OUT)
Feb 08 – March 11, 2022 (5 spaces available)
Feb 07 – March 10, 2023
Note that Rider Price will ultimately be determined by number of participants
Based on 12 riders → 16,879 USD
Based on 9-11 riders → 17,895 USD
Based on 9-11 riders → 19,235 USD
Passenger → 9,997 USD
Single occupancy supplement → 2,800 USD
Deposit per person → 2,000 USD
All rooms are shared, double occupancy. If you request to not share a room the single occupancy supplement applies. If we are unable to find a roommate for you, the single supplement will apply. No exception.
- 32 nights accommodations
- Domestic airfare, Santiago to Antofagasta, CH
- 20 dinners, all breakfasts and occasional lunch
- Bilingual riding guide
- Bilingual Staff assistant in support vehicle
- Ocean transport round trip of your motorcycle from Houston to South America, import-export fees, handling, inspections and paperwork processings
- Assorted transfers associated with motorcycle retrieval in Chile
- MotoDiscovery duffel bag
- Motodiscovery apparel item
- Ferry fees crossing to Tierra del Fuego
- Map package and GPS waypoints
- Entrance fee Perito Moreno Glacier Park
- Entrance fee to Ushuaia Fin del Mundo National Park
- Alcoholic beverages
- International airfare
- Motorcycle fuel or maintenance costs
- Entrances to parks other than those specified
- Staff gratuities or tips for special services
- Arrival or departure airport transfers
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance (mandatory)
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance (recommended)
- Inclusions other than those specified
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.