Click to see more highlights from this tour
Oaxaca Day of the Dead Motorcycle Road Tour
- Mexico. If there is road-worthy riding in this country, we’ve probably done it. Our old brand name, Pancho Villa Moto-Tours says it all; when it comes to motorcycle touring in Mexico, no one does it better than MotoDiscovery.
- Oaxaca (Wua-hak-a) is located about 300 miles southeast of Mexico City and possesses all the colorful character, pre-Columbian archeology, native indigenous traditions and Spanish Colonial heritage that makes Mexico such a fascinating travel destination. It is the capital city of the state that bears the same name, and is famous for its rich and unique cuisine as well known chef and restaurateur, Rick Bayless will testify. It is also known for one of the most interesting traditions, celebrated by native Zapotec tribes, Día de los Muertos…Day of the Dead.
- This tour originates with your fly into Mexico City or Puebla. Many excellent international flight options are available. You will be met and transferred to the centro of Puebla, a Colonial era gem with a French history and known for its own unique culinary treasures. The ride then takes advantage of great secondary roads to the city of Oaxaca where you will be for two nights, taking optional rides, climbing the pyramids and temples of early Zapotec civilization (500 B.C) at the hilltop archeological city of Monte Alban and wandering the lively markets.
- One of Mexico’s greatest motorcycling roads descends from the Sierra Madres to the Pacific Ocean where two nights will be spent at intimate boutique style villas right on the water. This part of Mexico has it all. You’ll then return to the lovely Colonial city of Puebla for one final night from where you will be transferred back to Mexico City( or Puebla) for your return international flight home.
- This is a quality event, on paved roads throughout. Exciting culture and history, incredible dining, superb accommodations, idyllic beaches, and of course excellent riding. Our service is genuine and legendary. This will be a holiday to remember.
- A selection of the popular BMW GS model motorcycles are available. You will want to share this one with your friends. Advance bookings are required due to the demand for accommodations in Oaxaca during the Day of the Dead.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Puebla
Day 3: Oaxaca
Day 4: Oaxaca
Day 5: Huatulco
Day 6: Huatulco
Day 7: Oaxaca
Day 8: Oaxaca
Day 9: Puebla
Day 10: Fly out
10 days / 9 nights
Oct 29 - Nov 7, 2022
Oct 29 - Nov 7, 2023
Rider on personal bike → 4,549 USD
Rider on Rental BMW 750GS → add 1,450 USD
Rider on Rental BMW 1250GS → add 1,666 USD
Passenger → 4,349 USD
Single occupancy supplement → 940 USD
Tour deposit per person → 500 USD
Rental deposit per bike → 500 USD
All rooms are shared, double occupancy. If you do not have a roommate preference we will attempt to select one for you. The Single Occupancy supplement will apply if we are unable to secure a roommate for you, or should you choose a single room as an option.
- 8 nights best available lodging (double occupancy)
- 6 dinners, all breakfasts, occasional lunch
- Experienced bilingual staff team
- Airport arrival greet and departure transfers
- Oaxaca Day of the Dead Celebration
- Monte Alban Archeological Tour
- Support, luggage vehicle vehicle and staff driver assistant
- Experienced bilingual riding staff
- Tour map and GPS waypoints
- Pre-tour information e-booklet
- MotoDiscovery apparel gift
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Alcoholic beverages
- Emergency evacuation insurance (mandatory)
- Trip Interruption Insurance (recommended)
- Tips for staff or special requested services
- Inclusions other than those specified
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.