Click to see more highlights from this tour
New Years in San Miguel de Allende
Colonial Mexico Tour with Monarch ButterfliesCelebrate the New Year with us in Old Mexico
- San Miguel de Allende has gained international prominence, awarded the most desirable city in the world by readers of Travel & Leisure Magazine. It’s Colonial flare and reputation as an art community and zealously maintained Old World style will enchant you. New Years on the plaza will be a night to remember.
- Patzcuaro is one of our longtime favorite Colonial era towns. With its quaint sprawling plazas, native Tarascan influences and the legendary lake, you will find today’s ride along back roads well rewarded once you arrive at this destination, staging you for one of Mexico’s greatest motorcycling (and Carrera Panamericana Race) roads.
- Mil Cumbres. It means Thousand Peaks. For motorcyclists it is one of the top five riding roads in Mexico along the old Highway 15 through the state of Michoacan. You will see why it is legendary among racers of the La Carrera Panamericana vintage car race, one of the few remaining open road races in the world.
- The Monarch Butterflies. This preserve in the highlands of Michoacan attracts many millions of these creatures, flying and floating upwards of 3,000 miles each autumn from the USA and Canada, only to return northward in the spring. You will witness an amazing cycle of nature.
- Queretaro offers convenient flights from major USA hubs, landing you in the heart of Mexico not wasting any time getting you to the best riding.
- The food. MotoDiscovery has a reputation for fine dining and few countries offer such culinary excitement as Mexico. Foodies will be delighted!
- The Team. With over four decades riding the roads of the world, MotoDiscovery has rightfully earned a reputation as being the best when it comes to your staff team. In regions such as Mexico we rely heavily on our multilingual guides to provide you genuine services, share the culture and history and above all provide a safe and memorable touring experience. It is more than a job. It is a duty and one joyfully embraced. That is how we do it at MotoDiscovery.
Day 1: Queretaro, MEX
Day 2: Patzcuaro
Day 3: Zitacuaro
Day 4: San Miguel de Allende
Day 5: San Miguel de Allende
Day 6: San Miguel de Allende
Day 7: Queretaro
Day 8: Fly out
8 days/ 7 nights
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2022
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2023
Dec 27 – Jan 03, 2024
Rider on 800/850 BMW GS (double occupancy) → 4,987 USD
Rider on 1200/1250 BMW GS → add 440 USD
Passenger → add 3,485 USD
Single occupancy supplement → add 940 USD
Deposit per person → 500 USD
Deposit per rental motorcycle → 1,000 USD
All rooms are shared, double occupancy. If you request to not share a room the single occupancy supplement applies. If we are unable to find a roommate for you, the single supplement will apply. No exceptions.
- 7 nights stylish accommodations (double occupancy)
- 6 dinners, a la carte, order off the menu
- All breakfasts
- Bilingual riding guide
- Support/luggage vehicle with staff assistant
- Maps and GPS waypoints
- Entrance and guide to the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary
- MotoDiscovery apparel gift
- Arrival airport transfers
- Pre-tour information packet (digital)
- Rental of BMW GS motorcycle with tail trunk
- Full coverage Mexico insurance
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance (MANDATORY)
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance (RECOMMENDED)
- Alcoholic beverages
- GPS rental
- Inclusions other than those specified
- Fees related to any required Covid testing to be compliant for international travel
- Departure airport transfer
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.