Click to see more highlights from this tour
Copper Canyon 8 Day Expedition
An Adventure Riding the Wilds of Mexico’s Sierra Madres
- The Tarahumara Indian. You may have heard of this primitive tribe, known as long distance endurance runners. Many still live in caves and shelters clinging to the remote canyon walls. Migrating with the weather, you are sure to encounter them in the Copper Canyon region and small villages.
- Nuevo Casas Grandes has layers of history dating back hundreds of years to the Paquime Indian Pueblos. Mormon families immigrated to this desert valley in 1886 creating an enclave of Polygamist followers and building a prosperous agricultural community. Mennonites are also prominent. Black Jack Pershing and the Punitive Expedition constructed a large encampment with 11,000 troops staged to pursue Pancho Villa after the bandit raid on Columbus, New Mexico in 1916.
- Urique. It is an old mining town established by Colonial Spaniards over 300 years ago. Today it has only about 1,200 inhabitants. Most notable is the ride there as it is situated in the depths of the canyon sliced by the river of the same name. The views are spectacular and for the adventure rider, it presents an exciting and scenic ride, twisting from high pines to the warm chaparral country below.
- Pancho Villa. He’s known as a fierce guerilla military tactician, leading the Division del Norte, a force of 50,000, during the Mexican Revolution of 1910 – 1921. Prior to his military career however, he was known more as a bandit, cattle rustler and quick to draw his pistol on anyone who crossed him. This reputation would serve him well in creating an image that would have him feared as well as adored. Pancho Villa lived, worked, fought and died in the state of Chihuahua. His presence is felt to this day.
- The Copper Canyon. It is said to be over four times greater in size than the American Grand Canyon. It is actually a vast complex of deep canyons, towering mesas, pine covered forests and slicing rivers covering an area of over 25,000 square miles. For the motorcyclist it presents the best of riding opportunities, whether it be exploring its depths on challenging old mining roads or on the superb sporting twisting tarmac.
- The food. MotoDiscovery has a reputation for fine dining. While the fare in this region is simple, our riders rave about the offerings. And for those with any special dietary needs, we have yet to not be able to accommodate, and do it well. You won’t be disappointed
- The Team. With over four decades riding the roads of the world, MotoDiscovery has rightfully earned a reputation as being the best when it comes to your staff team. In regions such as Mexico we rely heavily on our multilingual guides to provide you genuine services, share the culture and history and above all provide a safe and memorable touring experience. It is more than a job. It is a duty and one joyfully embraced. That is how we do it at MotoDiscovery.
Day 1: El Paso, Texas
Day 2: Hunting Lodge
Day 3: Copper Canyon Rim
Day 4: Urique
Day 5: Batopilas
Day 6: Creel
Day 7: Nuevo Casas Grandes
Day 8: El Paso
8 days/ 7 nights
Mar 26 – Apr 02, 2022
Oct 01 – 09, 2022
Apr 01 -08, 2023
Rider on personal bike → 3,785 USD
Passenger → 3,278 USD
Single occupancy supplement → 395 USD
Tour Deposit per person → 500 USD
Rental Deposit per bike → 500 USD
All rooms are shared, double occupancy. If you request to not share a room the single occupancy supplement applies. If we are unable to find a roommate for you, the single supplement will apply. No exception.
- 7 nights best available lodging (double occupancy)
- 7 dinners, 7 breakfasts, occasional lunch
- Entrances to National Park as required
- Experienced bilingual staff team
- Support vehicle
- Tour map and GPS waypoints
- Pre-tour information e-booklet
- MotoDiscovery apparel gift
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Alcoholic beverages
- Emergency evacuation insurance (mandatory)
- Trip Interruption Insurance (recommended)
- Tips for staff or special requested services
- Inclusions other than those specified
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.