Click to see more highlights from this tour
Bhutan Thunder Dragon Tour
The hidden magical Buddhist Kingdom of the Eastern Himalayas
- The Kingdom of Bhutan is a destination known to but a privileged few. Only in the 1970’s was the country opened to outsiders with modern influences such as television and telephones virtually unheard of. It is exactly for this reason that this devout Tibetan Buddhist little nation is so attractive and intriguing.
- Your tour will start with your arrival in Delhi, India. If desired you can come in early for an optional overnight excursion to experience the wonder of the Taj-Mahal in Agra.
- From Delhi the group flies domestic airlines to West Bengal, India where you are staged for entry into Bhutan.
- Bhutan is nestled beneath the mighty Himalayas, a geographical fortress separating it from Tibetan China. The views are magnificent. The people you will find to be extremely welcoming to outsiders, timid and deeply spiritual.
- Peace and tranquility are so revered here that the government has created a barometer for measuring what is referred to as GNH…Gross National Happiness.
- When not riding and interacting with the locals, there are visits to such highlights as the 17th-century Drukgyel Dzong (Monastery fortress), only one of many such religious edifices you’ll encounter in your travels.
- The renowned Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Hermitage on the face of a sheer 3,000 ft. cliff will be forever etched in your mind … an incredible photo opportunity.
- The service. It is the best and you will be accompanied by the most knowledgeable and experienced teams in India.
- Budget tour operators are proliferating. If you prefer better style, service, and the best maintained motorcycles in India, there is only MotoDiscovery. Call us anytime for consultation.
NOTE: Sign up early. You will need to apply for an India visa. We will obtain your Bhutan visa and the necessary permissions to enter the country but the process is involved and requires lead time.
Day 1: Arrive Delhi, India
Day 2: Fly to Bagdogra West Bengal-Kalimpong, pick up bikes
Day 3: Darjeeling
Day 4: Phuntsholing, Bhutan
Day 5: Paro Valley
Day 6: Thimphu
Day 7: Wangdi
Day 8: Bamthang
Day 9: Mongar
Day 10: Tashigang
Day 11: Samdrup Jongkhar
Day 12: Guwahati Assam, India
Day 13: Fly Guwahati to Delhi
Day 14: Fly Out
14 days/ 13 nights
April 11 - 24, 2022
Rider on Royal Enfield Himalaya →6,595 USD
Rider on Royal Enfield Bullet 500 → add 6,595 USD
Passenger → add 5,889 USD
Optional Agra two day / one night extension → Contact for prices
Single occupancy supplement → 1,100 USD
Deposit per person → 1,000 USD
All rooms are shared, double occupancy. If you request to not share a room the single occupancy supplement applies. If we are unable to find a roommate for you, the single supplement will apply. No exception.
- Rider rental of 400cc Royal Enfield Himalaya
- Motorcycle fuel
- 13 nights accommodations (double occupancy)
- Most dinners
- Occasional lunch
- Purified water during the ride
- Domestic airfare Delhi-Bagdogra round trip
- Multilingual riding guide
- Support/luggage van with driver and crew
- Management of border crossing formalities
- Bhutan visa and permits
- Greeting at airport and transfer on arrival Delhi
- Transfers Bagdogra
- Cultural and historical tours of interest
- Pre-tour preparation materials
- MotoDiscovery apparel gift
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- International airfare to Delhi
- India multi-entry visa
- Alcoholic beverages
- Staff tips
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance (recommended)
- Border crossing fees
- Emergency med-evac insurance (mandatory)
- Any inclusion not specified
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
By requesting a booking, you'll be able to reserve your spot on this tour. Closer to the tour date you will receive an email with payment information and you will be able to make a deposit or pay the entire balance.